The rules for being human are really quite simple when you break it down. Cherie Carter-Scott has compiled the ‘Ten Rules for Being Human’ and within these rules are lessons for us all.
Ten Rules for Being Human
by Cherie Carter-Scott
- You will receive a body. You may like it or hat it, but it’s yours to keep for the entire period.
- You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called, “life”.
- There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trial, error, and experimentation. The ‘failed’ experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiments that ultimately ‘work’.
- Lessons are repeated until they are learned. A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it, you can go on to the next lesson.
- Learning lessons does not end. There’s no part of life that doesn’t contain its lessons. If you’re alive, that means there are still lessons to be learned.
- ‘There’ is no better a place than ‘here’. When your ‘there’ has become a ‘here’, you will simply obtain another ‘there’ that will again look better than ‘here’.
- Other people are merely mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself.
- What you make of your life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.
- Your answers lie within you. The answers to life’s questions lie within you. All you need to do is look, listen, and trust.
- You will forget all this.
And to this I’ll add a rule 11 – You will remember these rules when it’s required. There is always guidance near, in the form of these rules for being human or by reaching out for a helping hand.
As you are growing, learning, discovering, making choices along the way the universe will reveal what you need to know, when you need to know it. Signs will be shown but you need to know where to look for that and how to interpret what is being revealed to you. If you need guidance just contact me and we can work through things together. For now, forcus on loving the body you have been given, not judging yourself too harshly and living in the moment you have been given today.
Yours in peace and healing,